Global annual meeting 2019October 8 2019 - October 10 2019 | Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The 2019 GFCE Annual Meeting was hosted by the African Union Commission from 8 – 10 October at the AUC premises in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Other international cyber-related events were held in parallel in the same week: the Commonwealth roundtable meeting, the public hearing of the Global Commission on the Stability of Cyberspace and the UN GGE regional consultations.
The meeting focused on working together with the GFCE community to bring the GFCE forward and to strengthen the global efforts of cyber capacity building.
- Delivering 11 Global workshops (organized by the Working Groups and the Advisory Board);
- Launch of Cybil, the renewed CCB knowledge portal (e.g. projects, tools, publications);
- Update on the GFCE Foundation and the GFCE Fund with the World Bank;
- Discussion on the GFCE developments and the way forward;
- New GFCE Advisory Board co-chair, Ms. Folake Olagunju Oyelola (ECOWAS);
- GFCE Women in Cyberspace Initiative;
- Organizations such as Chatham, UNODA and GCSC organizing their meetings on the sidelines of the GFCE Annual Meeting;
- Announcing the GFCE’s 5th anniversary: meeting in The Hague in week of April 13th 2020