GFCE Internship: Account Management & Working Groups
The Global Forum on Cyber Expertise (GFCE) Secretariat is seeking an organized, efficient, and communicative intern to support the daily work of the GFCE Secretariat in its main office in The Hague, the Netherlands. The internship is for 6 months with a preferred starting date of 19 April 2021.
Established in 2015, the GFCE is a multi-stakeholder community of more than 120 members and partners consisting of governments, IGOs, companies, academia and project implementers from all regions of the world. Its mission is to strengthen cyber capacity and expertise globally by being a pragmatic, action-orientated and flexible platform for international collaboration. The GFCE delivers its mission through coordination to avoid duplication of efforts and blind spots; knowledge sharing to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of projects; being a Clearing House to connect requests for assistance with offers of support; and identifying and filling knowledge gaps with the development of a global CCB Research Agenda. More information can be found on www.thegfce.org.
The role of the GFCE intern is to provide support to the GFCE Working Groups as well as to the GFCE Secretariat’s account management efforts. We offer the opportunity to experience firsthand how an international forum dealing with the dynamic subject of cyber capacity building operates globally. The intern will be given the opportunity to communicate with international stakeholders such as governments, companies and international organizations and to perform dynamic tasks such as performing stakeholder analysis and research, writing reports and facilitating international meetings on cyber capacity building. The position requires a high degree of responsibility, discretion and confidentiality.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain thorough knowledge of the GFCE.
- Support the GFCE Working Groups by preparing correspondence, reports, a newsletter, website pages and other materials.
- Conduct desk research, collect and examine information for the Working Group related deliverables and documentation.
- Support the GFCE Secretariat in carrying out its day-to day activities in fostering the relationships with the GFCE Community and other stakeholders, maintaining and expanding the member- and partner network; performing (desk) research and contributing to report writing.
- Support the GFCE account management process with organizing a process to reach out to the 130 Members and Partners and ensure proper knowledge management of the recaps.
- Contribute to the GFCE’s fundraising process by preparing presentations and participation in meetings.
- Promptly respond to requests, and other events as necessary.
- Act as a positive representation of the GFCE to the community and other stakeholders.
Requirements, Qualifications and Skills
- MSc student in (Cyber) Security or related studies;
- Interest in digital technologies;
- This a locally engaged position. Candidates need to demonstrate that they are eligible for an internship in the Netherlands by meeting the local citizenship- or visa requirements;
- Customer-oriented attitude;
- Professional, confident, punctual and reliable ;
- Self-motivated with a willingness to take initiative;
- Analytical and mathematical mind to analyze data and create necessary reports;
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in the responsibilities of the role;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
Terms and Conditions
The internship is for 6 months, starting 19 April 2021 based on a 40-hour working week. Remuneration is set at a fixed gross monthly rate of 628 Euro plus reimbursement of actual travel (commute) expenses. Place of employment is The Hague, with a flexible remote working policy.
For more information on this internship opportunity, please contact Marjo Baayen, Director GFCE Secretariat via email@example.com.
Please send your motivation and resume before Sunday 11th April 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants who are invited for an interview will be notified in the week of 5 April. Interviews will be scheduled in the same week.
A written assignment and reference check could part of the selection procedure.