The Global Forum on Cyber Expertise (GFCE) Secretariat is seeking an organized, efficient, and communicative intern to support the daily work of the GFCE Secretariat in its main office in The Hague, the Netherlands. The internship is for 6 months with a preferred starting date of 8 August 2022.
Established in 2015, the GFCE is a multi-stakeholder community of more than 150 members and partners consisting of governments, IGOs, companies, academia and project implementers from all regions of the world. Its mission is to strengthen cyber capacity and expertise globally by being a pragmatic, action-orientated and flexible platform for international collaboration. The GFCE delivers its mission through coordination to avoid duplication of efforts and blind spots; knowledge sharing to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of projects; being a Clearing House to connect requests for assistance with offers of support; and identifying and filling knowledge gaps with the development of a global CCB Research Agenda. More information can be found on www.thegfce.org.
The successful candidate will support the work of the GFCE Secretariat Research and Working Groups pillar. The intern will be given the opportunity to communicate with international stakeholders such as governments, companies and international organizations and to perform dynamic tasks such as performing research, writing reports and facilitating international meetings on cyber capacity building. The position requires a high degree of responsibility, discretion and confidentiality.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the GFCE Secretariat in carrying out its day-to day activities in facilitating the GFCE Working Groups, performing (desk) research and contributing to report writing.
- Contribute to internal knowledge management by updating the document library and keeping a record of discussions.
- Support the GFCE Secretariat with the development and implementation of the Global CCB Research Agenda.
- Assist with the day-to-day operation and management of the Cybil Portal, including content reviewing/uploading, measuring website performance through google analytics and website maintenance/improvement tasks;
- Facilitate the organization of (inter)national, in-person and online GFCE meetings and events.
- Perform Ad hoc tasks and other relevant duties as identified by the Research & Working Groups Coordinator.
Requirements, Qualifications and Skills
- Enrolled MSc student in (Cyber) Security Studies, International Relations or other related studies;
- Interest in cybersecurity or other digital technologies;
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical and curious mind to spot trends, gaps, repetitions and other insights;
- Self-motivated, flexible, proactive and able to work independently and as part of a multinational team
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively to a wide range of stakeholders;
- Highly organized with the ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Candidate has EU citizenship or is in possession of ‘zoekjaar’ visa.
- Enrolled in a University for the duration of the internship if candidate is an EU citizen.
Terms and Conditions
The internship is for 6 months, starting 8 August 2022 based on a 40-hour working week. This starting date is preferred however, it is possible to delay the start date upon consultation. Please indicate your availability in your application for the position. Remuneration is set at a fixed gross monthly rate of 628 Euro plus reimbursement of actual travel (commute) expenses.
Please send a cover letter with your motivation and your CV before Sunday 17 July 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org. A written assignment and reference check could be part of the selection procedure.