The Global Forum on Cyber Expertise (GFCE) Secretariat is seeking an organized, efficient, and communicative intern to support the daily work of the GFCE Secretariat in its main office in The Hague, the Netherlands. The internship is for 6 months with a preferred starting date of 1 September 2022.
Established in 2015, the GFCE is a multi-stakeholder community of more than 165 members and partners consisting of governments, IGOs, companies, academia and project implementers from all regions of the world. Its mission is to strengthen cyber capacity and expertise globally by being a pragmatic, action-orientated and flexible platform for international collaboration. The GFCE delivers its mission through coordination to avoid duplication of efforts and blind spots; knowledge sharing to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of projects; being a Clearing House to connect requests for assistance with offers of support; and identifying and filling knowledge gaps with the development of a global CCB Research Agenda. More information can be found on www.thegfce.org.
The role of the GFCE intern is to provide support to the GFCE Secretariat’s efforts on enhancing community engagement and outreach to potential members, partners and donors. We offer the opportunity to experience firsthand how an international forum dealing with the dynamic subject of cyber capacity building operates globally. The intern will be given the opportunity to communicate with international stakeholders such as governments, companies and international organizations and to undertake dynamic tasks such as performing stakeholder analysis and research, writing reports and facilitating international meetings on cyber capacity building. The position requires a high degree of responsibility, discretion and confidentiality.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide overall support to the GFCE Strategy & Outreach pillar at the GFCE Secretariat in its mission to optimize engagement of the community by preparing correspondence, calls, reports and other materials.
- Maintain thorough understanding of the GFCE and its mechanisms.
- Conduct desk research, collect and examine information on products, deliverables, events of GFCE Members and Partners.
- Support the GFCE Secretariat in carrying out its day-to day activities in fostering the relationships with the GFCE Community and other stakeholders, maintaining, and expanding the member- and partner network; Uphold overview.
- Support the GFCE account management process with organizing a process to reach out to the 165+ Members and Partners and ensure proper knowledge management of the recaps.
- Support efforts to increase internal communications and engagement with the other GFCE pillars being Programs, Research & Working Groups and Communication/Events.
- Promptly respond to requests, and other events as necessary.
- Act as a positive representation of the GFCE to the community and other stakeholders.
Requirements, Qualifications and Skills
- MSc student in (Cyber) Security, International Relations, Public Administration, Social Sciences or related studies;
- Curious generalist by nature – excited about cyber security, digital 4 development, international relations;
- This is a locally engaged position. Candidates need to demonstrate that they are eligible for an internship in the Netherlands by meeting the local citizenship- or visa requirements;
- Customer-oriented attitude both internally and externally;
- Works efficiently and independently with a willingness to take initiative;
- Analytical mind to assess and analyze data and create necessary reports;
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in the responsibilities of the role;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language. French or Spanish is a plus.
- Knowledge of one of GFCE priority regions (Africa, LAC, Pacific, SE Asia, Western Balkans) is a plus.
Terms and Conditions
The internship is for 6 months, starting 1 September 2022 based on a 40-hour working week. Remuneration is set at a fixed gross monthly rate of 628 Euro plus reimbursement of actual travel (commute) expenses. Place of employment is The Hague, with a flexible remote working policy.
For more information on this internship opportunity, please contact Wouter Veenstra, Manager Global Outreach & Partnerships via email@example.com.
Please send your motivation and resume before Sunday 10 July 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants who are invited for an interview will be notified in the week of 12 July. Interviews will be scheduled in the same week.
A written assignment and reference check could be part of the selection procedure.