GFCE Programs & Projects Internship
The Global Forum on Cyber Expertise (GFCE) Secretariat is seeking an organized, efficient, and communicative intern to support the GFCE Secretariat in the area of programmes and projects in its main office in The Hague, the Netherlands. The internship is for 6 months with a preferred starting date of 1 May 2023.
Established in 2015, the GFCE is a multi-stakeholder community of more than 190 members and partners consisting of governments, IGOs, companies, academia and project implementers from all regions of the world. Its mission is to strengthen cyber capacity and expertise globally by being a pragmatic, action-orientated and flexible platform for international collaboration. The GFCE delivers its mission through coordination to avoid duplication of efforts and blind spots; knowledge sharing to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of projects; being a Clearing House to connect requests for assistance with offers of support; and identifying and filling knowledge gaps with the development of a global CCB Research Agenda. More information can be found on www.thegfce.org.
The role of the Programmes and Project pillar is to assist in conducting preparations for upcoming project events, quarterly reporting on existing GFCE initiatives, helping maintain databases of participants and contacts in the GFCE’s Africa programme, programme budgeting and expenditures. We offer the opportunity to experience first-hand how an international forum dealing with the dynamic subject of cyber capacity building operates, both regionally and globally. The intern will be given the opportunity to work on a diverse set of programmes spanning the globe, communicate with governmental representatives and international implementers, and make an impact in the organization by ensuring responsible reporting on and delivery of project/ programme deliverables. The position requires a high degree of responsibility, discretion, and confidentiality.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting the GFCE Secretariat with various GFCE projects and processes;
- Facilitating the GFCE Community engagement and supporting the network made of different GFCE structures and groups;
- Assisting in the organization of GFCE project events, including: procurement, outreach, database maintenance, logistics and programming;
- Helping draft project reporting, including quarterly, ad-hoc and annual reports;
- Helping maintain relevant stakeholder databases and participate in outreach to future project stakeholders and members;
- Helping conduct invoicing and financial verification ahead of quarterly/ semi-annual/ annual reporting;
- Supporting the GFCE Secretariat with the administration of its CRM system;
- Setting up meetings between relevant stakeholders, including with donors and implementers;
- Helping in the promotion of project/ programmatic achievements;
- Contributing to a collaborative, team-oriented work environment.
Requirements, Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, international development, organizational sciences, or similar;
- Experience of event organization, planning and logistics, with a distinct advantage afforded to international events;
- Demonstrates cultural, linguistic and gender sensitivities, due to a large number of involved stakeholders;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent skills in MS Office package, in particular Excel;
- Flexible, proactive and able to work independently and as part of a multinational team;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language;
- Knowledge of French is a distinct advantage;
- Candidate has EU citizenship or is in possession of ‘zoekjaar’ visa;
- Enrolled in a University for the duration of the internship if candidate is an EU citizen;
Terms and Conditions
The internship is for 6 months, starting 1 May 2023 based on a 40-hour working week. This starting date is preferred however, it is possible to delay the start date upon consultation. Please indicate your availability in your application for the position. Remuneration is set at a fixed gross monthly rate of 628 Euro plus reimbursement of actual travel (commute) expenses.
Please send a cover letter with your motivation and your CV before Sunday 23 April 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be held in the week of 24 April 2023.
A written assignment and reference check could be part of the selection procedure.
For more information on this internship opportunity please contact Marjo Baayen, Director GFCE Secretariat, via email@example.com.
*The GFCE is an equal opportunities employer and accepts applications without distinction on the grounds of age, race, political, philosophical or religious conviction, sex or sexual orientation and regardless of disabilities, marital status or family situation