Internship: Communications and Events
The Global Forum on Cyber Expertise (GFCE) Secretariat is seeking an organized, efficient, and communicative intern to support the GFCE Secretariat in the area of communications and events in its main office in The Hague, the Netherlands. The internship is for 6 months with a preferred starting date of 1 November 2021.
Established in 2015, the GFCE is a multi-stakeholder community of more than 140 members and partners consisting of governments, IGOs, companies, academia and project implementers from all regions of the world. Its mission is to strengthen cyber capacity and expertise globally by being a pragmatic, action-orientated and flexible platform for international collaboration. The GFCE delivers its mission through coordination to avoid duplication of efforts and blind spots; knowledge sharing to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of projects; being a Clearing House to connect requests for assistance with offers of support; and identifying and filling knowledge gaps with the development of a global CCB Research Agenda. More information can be found on www.thegfce.org.
The role of the GFCE intern is to provide support to the GFCE Secretariat and to assist in improving the communication of the GFCE Secretariat related to member mailings, publications, emails, social media, website and events. We offer the opportunity to experience firsthand how an international forum dealing with the dynamic subject of cyber capacity building operates globally. The intern will be given the opportunity to communicate with international stakeholders such as governments, companies and international organizations and to perform dynamic tasks such as performing research, writing reports and facilitating international meetings on cyber capacity building. The position requires a high degree of responsibility, discretion and confidentiality.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the GFCE Secretariat with the implementation of the Strategic Communications Plan 2020-2022.
- Draft content for social media, email and the GFCE website.
- Facilitate the organization of (inter)national, in-person and online GFCE meetings by providing logistical support to the Secretariat.
- Support editorial activities for the Global Cyber Expertise Magazine.
- Create graphics and other accessories for social media promotion.
- Monitor and record media mentions of GFCE publications and experts.
Assist with the production and publication of podcasts and videos.
- Support the GFCE Secretariat in carrying out its day-to day activities in fostering the relationships with the GFCE Community and other stakeholders, maintaining and expanding the member- and partner network; performing (desk) research and contributing to report writing.
- Promptly respond to requests, and other events as necessary.
- Act as a positive representation of the GFCE to the community and other stakeholders.
Requirements, Qualifications and Skills
- Degree or educated in communication, multimedia design or international relations.
- Firm experience of social media tools and platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter, Youtube etc.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the basic principles of digital marketing.
- Excellent skills in Adobe InDesign.
- Knowledge of CSM, website content management and graphic design is a plus.
- Experience in events planning, including meeting deadlines, managing logistics and services, developing the communications & marketing plan for the event.
- Flexible, proactive and able to work independently and as part of a multinational team.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in the responsibilities of the role.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and high-pressure international environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
- Candidate has EU citizenship or is in possession of ‘zoekjaar’ visa.
- Enrolled in a University if candidate is an EU citizen.
Terms and Conditions
The internship is for 6 months, starting 1 November 2021 based on a 40-hour working week. Remuneration is set at a fixed gross monthly rate of 628 Euro plus reimbursement of actual travel (commute) expenses.
Please send a cover letter with your motivation and your CV before Sunday 24 October 2021 to email@example.com.
A written assignment and reference check could be part of the selection procedure.
For more information on this internship opportunity please contact Marjo Baayen, Director GFCE Secretariat, via firstname.lastname@example.org.