GFCE Africa Program Manager
The Global Forum on Cyber Expertise (GFCE) is looking to appoint a GFCE Africa Program Manager to lead and coordinate the GFCE’s cyber capacity building efforts in the African region, seeking opportunities for international cooperation and strengthening connectivity of African nations with the donor- and implementing community, including the private sector.
The deadline for applications is Sunday, 24 January 2021.
Background on Global Forum on Cyber Expertise
Established in 2015, the GFCE is a multi-stakeholder community of more than 120 members and partners consisting of governments, IGOs, companies, academia and project implementers from all regions of the world. Its mission is to strengthen cyber capacity and expertise globally by being a pragmatic, action-orientated and flexible platform for international collaboration. The GFCE delivers its mission through coordination to avoid duplication of efforts and blind spots; knowledge sharing to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of projects; being a Clearing House to connect requests for assistance with offers of support; and identifying and filling knowledge gaps with the development of a global Cyber Capacity Building (CCB) Research Agenda. More information can be found on www.thegfce.org.
The GFCE Africa Program Manager would over the course of 2021 prioritize:
- Establish and maintain key relationships with the (potential) African members of the GFCE community;
- Work with the colleagues of the GFCE Secretariat to ensure participation of African voices in the GFCE Annual Meeting, but also regular engagement in the GFCE Working Groups;
- Support the efforts of the regional GFCE African group through serving as an interlocutor with key international organizations active on cybersecurity and cyber capacity building in Africa;
- Conduct an in-depth assessment of the current donor offering on cybersecurity capacity building, with a particular focus on cyber-diplomacy and norms; and develop a framework to allow greater coordination of and ease of access to identified programs.
- In partnership with the GFCE stakeholders, collect good practices, and develop and test a cybersecurity capacity building framework, with focus on implementation of the 11 UNGGE norms;
- Organize a series of webinars (at least 4) targeting African stakeholders, focused on highlighting the importance of multistakeholder voices (civil society and industry in particular).
Candidate profile: requirements, qualifications and skills
The successful candidate will have:
- Graduate or master’s degree in (cyber) security studies, international relations, technology, business administration, public administration, or a related field;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the field of cyber capacity building, either at national or international level;
- Demonstrable experience in cyber capacity building in Africa;
- Demonstrable work experience in cyber-diplomacy and norms;
- A proven track record building and maintaining the confidence of senior international relationships across government, industry, and international organizations;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French;
- Evidence of outstanding communication and presentation skills, utilizing different media channels and communication mediums to convey results, opportunities and impact to diverse audiences;
- Professional, confident, self-motivated, punctual, flexible, proactive and able to work both independently and as part of a multi-national team.
Place of employment
The Hague, with a flexible remote working policy.
How to apply
Please send a covering letter outlining your motivation in applying for the role, addressed to Ms. Marjo Baayen, GFCE Secretariat Director, plus your CV by 24 January 2021 to email@example.com. Interviews will be held starting from 25 January. Please ensure references are included on your CV as a reference check could be part of the selection procedure. Please note that relocation assistance will not be provided.
For more information on this job opportunity, please contact Ms. Marjo Baayen via firstname.lastname@example.org.
*The GFCE is an equal opportunities employer and accepts applications without distinction on the grounds of age, race, political, philosophical or religious conviction, sex or sexual orientation and regardless of disabilities, marital status or family situation