News Item | 10 July 2020
The Global Forum on Cyber Expertise (GFCE) Secretariat is seeking an organized, efficient, and communicative GFCE Working Group Coordinator to join the GFCE Secretariat’s team in its main office in The Hague, the Netherlands, starting 16 August 2020.
Established in 2015, the GFCE is a multi-stakeholder communityof more than 115 members and partners consisting of governments, IGOs, companies, academia and project implementers from all regions of the world. Its mission is to strengthen cyber capacity and expertise globally by being a pragmatic, action-orientated and flexible platform for international collaboration. The GFCE delivers its mission through coordinationto avoid duplication of efforts and blind spots; knowledge sharing to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of projects; being a Clearing House to connect requests for assistance with offers of support; and identifying and filling knowledge gaps with the development of a global Cyber Capacity Building (CCB) Research Agenda. The GFCE Working Groups are the core of the GFCE. Within the Working Groups the GFCE community works together on coordination, the Clearing House Mechanism and knowledge sharing on each of the five themes of the Delhi Communiqué: Policy & Strategy, Incident Management & Critical Information Infrastructure Protection (CIIP), Cybercrime, Culture & Skills, and Standards. More information can be found on www.thegfce.org
The GFCE Working Groups are led by Working Group Chairs and Taskforce Leads who are facilitated and supported by the GFCE Secretariat. The GFCE Working Group Coordinator will oversee the work of three (3) colleagues in the GFCE Secretariat who are facilitating four (4) Working Groups. He/she will support and facilitate the 5th Working Group on Incident Management and CIIP to gain experience in the field. In addition, the GFCE Working Group Coordinator will be responsible for the overall facilitation of the GFCE Working Group deliverables on coordination, knowledge sharing, clearing house process and CCB Research Agenda. With a focus on Working Group facilitation and coordination, the Working Group Coordinator will further perform a wide range of complex and confidential administrative duties and communicates and provides services to a wide range of internal and external (international) stakeholders. He/she anticipates and resolves problems and updates the Management Team on status and progress of the GFCE Working Groups.
Duties and Responsibilities
The GFCE Working Group Coordinator:
- Coordinates – in close cooperation with the assigned colleagues in the GFCE Secretariat- and has direct responsibility for the facilitation of the GFCE Working Groups and their deliverables.
- Arranges (online) venues and schedules for internal meetings with colleagues and oversees the scheduling, preparation and reporting of GFCE Working Group (online) meetings and -calls.
- Drafts, edits and prepares Working Group related correspondence, reports, (internal) communications documents and other materials to inform the team, the GFCE Working Groups as well as the wider GFCE Community.
- Reviews Working Group materials drafted by others and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Presents Working Groups’ progress and results to management and other interested parties, in-person or in digital format.
- May assist in the preparation of grant proposals and may provide policy interpretation on grant parameters.
- Organizes and implements administrative systems and procedures and prepares and maintains records on the Working Groups to assure compliance with GFCE Secretariat regulations.
- Conducts regular analyses of Working Groups’ processes and procedures and adjusts when necessary.
- Performs other relevant duties as required.
How to Apply
For more information about the requirements and selection criteria, please see this downloadable document.
Please send a cover letter with your motivation and your CV before Sunday 26th July 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be held, starting from 27 July. A reference check could be part of the selection procedure. Please note that relocation assistance will not be provided.
For more information on this job opportunity please contact Marjo Baayen, Director of the GFCE Secretariat, via email@example.com.